You are here: Apple store
As a software developer, do you know which feature of your software your users appreciate the most?
We developed SofMeter, the free in-app analytics tool, to answer questions like that.
With SoftMeter you will see how the users are using your software, discover which features are used the most or least, and understand where you should focus your development efforts to maximize your sales.
For MacOS applications and IOS apps
If you have a B2C IOS app, you have no other option from using the Apple store.
If you have a MacOS application, even if you currently have another e-commerce providers you should also add your software to the Apple store to benefit from its traffic of users wanting to buy software.
+$99 developer fees per year
$155 billion in developer earnings
Has affiliate network:
Fund withdraw methods:
Opening a business account:
Organizations enrolling in the Apple Developer Program will need:
- Legal Entity Status
Your business must be recognized as a legal entity (e.g., a corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company) to enter into the legal terms and obligations of the Apple Developer Program. The legal entity name will appear as the developers for apps you distribute on the App Store. Example: Seller: ABC Company, Inc.
- A D‑U‑N‑S Number
You must have a D‑U‑N‑S Number so that Apple can verify your organization’s identity and legal entity status.
A D-U-N-S Number is a number that is used to identify your business. D-U-N-S stands for Data Universal Numbering System, a system developed in the 60s by the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) company for their own business.
Before you start, use the DUNS Number look up tool to check if you already have one. If your company is not in the database, you can submit your information and get your DUNS number.
- Legal Binding Authority
You must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
- A Website
Your Company needs a public website and your domain name should be owned by the company.
- Default marketplace for MacOS users; gathers most buyers and allows discoverability of your software.
- Is the only option for B2C IOS apps. (You can build and sell B2B IOS apps externally)
- Installation of your software is done via the store with zero effort from your clients.
- License management is done via the store automatically.
- For the $99 developer annual fees, you also get a digital certificate that you can use to sign your application software that is distributed outside the apple store.
- High fees
- Only for Mac and IOS software (not for Windows)
- Does not have an affiliate network
- Does not support all kinds of applications. E.g. it does not support screensavers.
- Does not give you the customer details; you cannot contact the customers.
Add new comment