SoftMeter - Application analytics for Windows, MacOS, IOS
You can now see beyond the download
SoftMeter brings run-time statistics (also known as product analytics, usage analytics, in-app analytics, application telemetry) to your desktop shareware software or IOS app, in an easy, quick, and free way.
In less than a day, with only a small additional file, you can start "listening" to your software's "heartbeat".
With SoftMeter you can measure your user base, understand what matters most to them, spot problems, and optimise your software.
The SoftMeter library is called from your application and sends the usage data to Google Analytics.
You can then simply log in to your Google Analytics account to monitor the usage of your software, even in real-time. This is exactly the same old, established, successful, unreplacable process of website analytics.
Operating systems compatibility
- Windows (XP and later)
- Apple MacOS
- Apple IOS
Example of application analytics (product analytics) live report
This is a real example from the reports of a desktop software application that uses the free edition of SoftMeter. The time period shown is up to yesterday.
See another application dashboard example here.
SoftMeter answers questions like:
- How many active installations does my software have?
- How many new users do I have per month?
- How many users install or uninstall it per month?
- Which are the countries of my users?
- Which are the default languages on their computer?
- Which operating systems and versions do the users have?
- What screen resolutions do they have?
- Which are the most and least used features of my program?
- What percentage of the free users become paying customers?
- Do I give too many features for free in the free version?
- Are the features of the paid version not enough to justify the purchase cost?
- What are the conversion percentages? (Downloads -> Installs -> Users of free edition -> Paid active users)
- Do users upgrade or do they stay with old versions of my software?
- Is there an operating system version where my software has many uninstalls? (an indication of a bug)
- Are there run-time errors during the setup or when my program runs?
Softmeter can be included in:
- your software application (to see detailed usage stats of your software's features)
- your setup package (to see installation and removal statistics)
Who is it for?
Shareware developers, desktop and IOS application developers, independent software developers who distribute their programs via the internet and what to know what happens to their application after the download.
Why is the application usage information needed?
With the application's usage information, developers can shape their software product to better match the expectations and desired usage by the customers.
By analysing the usage patterns developers can deliver more value to the customers by focusing on what is important for them.
Benefits of SoftMeter:
- Single file, small footprint, native library.
- No dependencies on other libraries or frameworks.
- Pricing starts at zero cost, with the Free edition that you can use without time limits.
- Variety of licenses adapted to your needs: OpenSource developers, indie developers, software development companies.
- Real-time reports.
- Historical reports with data retention period of more than 2 years.
- Easy integration with your software. Can be done in one day.
- Easy integration with your setup package: Ready source code examples help you include the library in Inno Setup as 3rd party extension and Installaware.
- No need to sign-up with SoftMeter; you only need your existing (or a new) Google Analytics account.
- Detailed checklist to guide you through.