SoftMeter - Application analytics for desktop software (Windows, MacOS X)
See beyond the download
SoftMeter (former libAppTelemetry) brings run-time statistics (also known as usage analytics, or app analytics) to your desktop software/shareware, in an easy, quick, and free way.
With SoftMeter you can measure your user base, understand what matters most to them, spot problems, and optimise your software.
SoftMeter can be called from your Windows and MacOS applications and sends the usage data to Google Analytics. Then you simply login to your Google Analytics account to see the usage of your software, even in real-time.
What's the big deal with application analytics and SoftMeter?
In less than a day, with only a small additional file, you can start "listening" to your software's "heartbeat".
SoftMeter answers questions like:
- How many active users are running my software?
- How many new users do I have per month?
- How many users uninstall it per month?
- In which countries are the most of my users?
- What is the default language on their computer?
- Which operating systems and versions do the users have?
- What screen resolutions do they have?
- Which are the most and least used features of my program?
- What percentage of the free users become paying customers?
- Do users upgrade or they stick with old versions of my software?
- Do I give too many features in the free version?
- Are the features of the paid version not enough to justify the cost?
- What are the conversion percentages? (Downloads -> Installs -> Users of free edition -> Paid active users)
- Is there an operating system version where my software has many uninstalls? ( indication of a bug)
- Are there run-time errors during the setup or when my program runs?
Softmeter can be included in:
- your software application (to see detailed usage stats of your software's features)
- in your setup package (to see installation and removal statistics)
Who is it for?
Shareware developers, desktop application developers, independent software developers who distribute their programs via the internet and what to know how many users have installed their software, what is the percentage of the free vs the paying users, which application features are used the most. With this information, they can shape their product to better match the expectations and the preferred usage by their customer. This critical information can help the developers deliver more value to the customers by focusing on what is important for them.
Dashboards and reports
- See detailed usage statistics for your software. How many free vs paying users you have, from which countries, which operating systems, etc.
- Easy preparation of your Google Analytics property: Precompiled command line programs let you test in your Google Analytics profile.
- Easy integration with your software: Script examples to include the library in your software.
- Easy integration with your setup package: Script examples to include the library in Inno Setup as 3rd party extension, and Installaware (so you will have detailed statistics about the installations and the uninstalls of your program).
- No need to create any extra account to start using the library; you only need your existing Google Analytics account.