As a software developer, do you know which feature of your software your users appreciate the most?
We developed SofMeter, the free in-app analytics tool, to answer questions like that.
With SoftMeter you will see how the users are using your software, discover which features are used the most or least, and understand where you should focus your development efforts to maximize your sales.
Super-simple e-commerce for creators. You can run all sorts of recurring subscriptions through Gumroad.
Includes a homepage and web posts that you can write about your software.
It has a marketplace, "Discover". Sales that come through Discover are subject to an additional 10% fee.
Accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB, as well as PayPal.
From Gumroad's tagline, you can see that the developers are missing from the categories of digital goods creators: "We have sent over $251M to artists, designers, educators, writers, podcasters and more."
- Nice, modern platform.
- Integrated affiliate network.
- One of the best platforms for creators of digital goods (music, books, graphics, etc)
- Not focused on software sales. This service was designed with digital works (books, art, etc) in mind. The software as a digital product was added probably later. As a result, the workflow and the setup of the sale page do not exactly match the needs of a software developer.
For example, it requires that you upload your digital product (software) that will automatically be delivered to the paying customer. This means that you need to upload your software every time you release a new version and that it should be a "full" version so that the customer gets what he paid for. This is not convenient for software developers who distribute a trial version that can be activated to a "full" version.
- Requires that the digital file is uploaded in Gumroad. This is not convenient when you sell software as the version will soon be outdated when you release your next version.
- If you have a cross-platform software, it seems difficult (maybe cannot be done) to setup your software's order page to allow the buyer to select more than one edition (OS version) of your software for an extra price.
- Not disclosed when the $10 montly fee is applied. Other software selling platforms do not have a monthly fee.