CrcCheckCopy - Features
- Runs recursively: compares the files of one folder and all its subfolders.
- Industry tested: reliably compares hundreds of thousands of files.
- Based on the idea of comparing the CRC hashes of two files instead of a byte by byte comparison: When scanning the source (reference) folder, the program saves the CRC hash and the file size of every file inside a single text file, named "CRCstamps.txt".
- Cross-platform: it works under Windows and MacOS. You can scan files that reside on a Windows computer and compare them with a file set on a MacOS computer.
- Compare multiple destination disks in half the time.
If you are creating multiple copies, CrcCheckCopy can verify them in half the time. The scanning of the source disk is done only once, while the verification can be done as many times you want, using the same checksum file. No need to read again the source files.
- The verification will skip the CRC checksum calculation if the sizes are different. This will speed up the verification process and reduce disk activity.
- No network traffic if the files reside on different servers. Can work also without network connectivity.
- Compare folder hierarchies or whole disks in remote locations (not on the same local network).
You only need to send the checksum file from the computer holding the source files, to the computer where the destination files or disks are.
E.g. a software manufacturer can send the checksum file to the DVD factory to verify that the final DVDs are verbatim copies of the original while having the option to accept differences in some "last minute" files.
- Store the checksum file as produced by CrcCheckCopy on every important data copy or backup you do. This will allow you (or others) to check the integrity of the files at any time in the future.
- Alternative to md5 compare function of rsync.
- Portable executable: no installation is needed.
No administrator account needed (because there is no installation).
- Small size (Less than 0.5 Mb).
Can be transferred easily and quickly via remote desktop connections.
- Free: there is nothing to pay and no need to register before you start using our utility. But your donation will be much appreciated.