SoftMeter features: Usage statistics for Windows and MacOS software
SoftMeter is the fast and easy solution for your software's usage statistics.
SoftMeter works with Google Analytics and can be considered as "Google analytics for desktop software".
- Cross-platform (for Mac, Windows and soon for IOS).
- Small footprint, less than 400 Kb.
- No dependencies on other libraries or runtime environments (e.g. VC redistributable, .NETframework, etc). The DLL (on Windows) and the .dylib (on MacOS) is all you need.
- Simple API.
- Easy linking with your Mac/Windows desktop software. Can be easily used by any program that can call a .dll library (Windows) or a .dylib library (MacOS X).
- No sign-up needed to download the library and start using it.
- You can rename the filename of the library (.dll or .dylib) to a filename that matches your application's name.
- Inno Setup and Installaware compatible: monitor the installations and uninstalls of your software
- Remote reporting and monitoring of application crashes and application exceptions.
- Built with C++ so that is easily portable to different operating systems (cross-platform feature).
Uses the native OS connectivity structures, e.g. winhttp, NSURLConnection, etc to achieve a small footprint, OS compatibility, and optimised performance.
- Free and paid editions.
The cost of the reporting platform is taken out.
Known technical limitations:
- Currently, the library does not cache the statistics in case there is no internet connectivity.
It first checks for internet connectivity before attempting to post the statistics to your Google Analytics account.