SoftMeter analytics reports and dashboards
- Provides both historical and real-time reports.
- Reliable and high availability platform.
- Free: you do not have to pay for platform maintenance costs.
- A platform that you probably already know, if you are using it to monitor the usage statistics of your website.
Statistical figures provided:
- number of active users (real-time, up to 30 minutes back)
- daily/monthly/yearly number of existing users and new users
- the average number of windows/forms that users open
- average usage time
- the preferred language on the user's computer
- screen resolution
- OS versions, and architecture (32/64 bit)
- Users' path in the application, e.g.
main screen -> address book -> create new contact
main screen -> configuration -> main screen -> Exit
- custom events sent from your program
- application crashes
- versions of your application
See some screenshots of reporting examples here.
With SoftMeter and Google Analytics there are multiple options to get your reports. You can use the ones that fit best to your needs.
- 1. Out of the box:
You can use the ready reports of Google Analytics as they are organised on the left menu of the platform.
- 2. Custom reports:
You can create your own custom reports or dashboards to fine-tune the key metrics that are important for the monitoring of your software.
- 3. Build your own usage statistics reports in excel (or other spreadsheet programs):
You can use these excel add-ons that connect to your GA account and import the statistical data directly into your spreadsheet. You can then do your own combinations of data and make you own custom graphs and reports.
- 4. Collect the usage data directly on your own server (New):
Since SoftMeter v0.9.4, we added support for custom endpoints for the collection of the usage analytics data. You can set your own server as the data collection endpoint. SoftMeter will send the data hits from your software directly to your server instead of Google Analytics. Then, you have full flexibility to process them in the way you want. Contact us for more information.
- 5. Reports via Google Data Studio
You can connect your Google Analytics to the Google Data Studio and build your custom reports and dashboards in Data Studio. See an example of live (public) data below. You can even build public dashboards with Data Studio.
SoftMeter usage: daily number of end-users.
This report is generated by Google Data studio. Please note: This dashboard works with the Universal analytics properties, which Google has stopped from processing data in June 2023. We will soon update this dashboard to show data from the Google Analytics 4 (GA4) properties.