How to make a wish come true
A step by step guide: how to make a wish come true
a dream come true
that makes life interesting.”
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Stop the distractions before you continue with it. If you cannot stop the distractions now, bookmark this web page so you can come back to it.
If you are thinking of some friend that can benefit from this information, send them this web page now.
Background information: Why this can actually work
(It already works for some people)
- Have you noticed that some people constantly have bad luck, while some others seem to be immune to bad events and follow their lives in a totally trouble-free way? Can this continuous bad luck be explained by the equal probabilities mathematics? Or is it not a matter a blind luck and something else is attracting bad or good events to someone's life?
- Our subconscious mind is a lot stronger from what we think. At the same time, we do not seek to take advantage of it.
- By giving tasks to your subconscious mind, it will silently work to achieve its task. This is why it is so important to think positively.
|with the StarMessage screensaver|
Step 1. Carefully select your wish
Most of our wishes are false proxies to some covered need that we believe we have. Take "money" as an example. People wishing for money, want to use them for some specific purpose.
To find and uncover your true need you can ask yourself "Why do I want that?". Give a sincere answer and then go one level deeper and why is that answer important to me? Continue questioning the answers you will get until you find a true elementary need of yours.
Step 2. Phrase / write down your wish
- Be precise when you phrase your wish. Cover all the little details.
- Write it down so you can see and read it. Think of improving it.
- Think of all negative consequences it might have on you. Are there any? If yes, select a different wish.
- Think of all negative consequences it might have on others. Are there any? If yes, select a different wish.
Step 3. Make your wish
Make sure that:
- you are relaxed and in a positive mood before making your wish
- you are not expecting any distractions
Method 1. Make a wish concurrently with a rare event (e.g. a shooting star, visit a wish-fountain, blowing the candles)
- You can stay awake on a starry night when the sky is clear from clouds, hoping to see a falling star and make a wish on it.
- You can also visit Rome's Piazza di Fontana to toss a coin with your right hand over your left shoulder while making your wish. Tradition says that this will guaranty that you will return to Rome, but you can cheat and make a more personal wish.
- But if you want to wish more frequently without having to travel to Italy, nor wait for a starry night, then you can download the StarMessage moon screensaver.
StarMessage is a relaxing screensaver that also has shooting stars. It takes a bit of patience to see one, and you have to be quick and make a wish while it falls for you.
Method 2. Write your wish somewhere where you can see and read it every day
Examples: Write it on a sticky note on your door, on your bathroom mirror, on a piece of paper inside your wallet, write it in the stars of the night sky with the StarMessage screensaver.
Step 5. After you have made your wish
Invest some time to imagine that your wish is accomplished and pay attention to the little details of how your life has improved thanks to that. Move your focus away from the wish. Think of the positive effect that it brought to your life. Imagine the experience of those benefits.
While doing this exercise, do not think in terms of a future event. Imagine that it already happened for you in the past. Imagine that you are now remembering the time when that wish came true.
Instead of expecting the wish to come true, pretend that you are your future-self and be thankful because it already happened.